Most people think it takes forever to build a sustainable wardrobe, but that’s not true at all. Sustainable wardrobe tips will make it so easy to start today. Some very sustainable wardrobe tips will make the whole process easier and less stressful. The following sustainable wardrobe tips will help you achieve your goals.
First, when first starting to bring sustainable practices into the way you shop for clothing honestly and truly felt overwhelmed and much like there wasn’t any way to make a sustainable wardrobe without going overboard. Yes, it was exhausting and I felt like I needed help with the planning of my wardrobe. So, yes, it was hard. But, I didn’t have a clue as to what to do to make it all happen.
But, I got great ideas on the internet from friends who were already doing what I was and they helped me out with my sustainable wardrobe basics. I now have an environmentally friendly wardrobe that is made up of clothes made from organic fibres, so it’s sustainable. No synthetic fibres.
Second, when I was researching sustainable wardrobe tips, I came across two main groups: those who want to live green, and those who want to get into a lifestyle that makes their money last. Those two groups, green and lifestyle, are similar. The difference lies in the way you use and live your money. Here are my five sustainable wardrobe tips for green people:
- Make your shopping list, but don’t buy what you don’t need. This way you can be sure you won’t have any big purchases before you reach your goal. Having everything you need for a couple of months will make it a lot easier to plan and make your shopping for sustainable wardrobe easy.
- Make an expense and stick with it. It’s the same thing as making a budget. Stick with it and you’ll be fine. The best sustainable wardrobe tips include planning what you’ll wear for the week ahead and making sure you’re prepared to have the extra clothing on hand so you won’t end up buying too much.
- Make sure your clothes are good for you. Even when it’s a little cold outside and it’s warm inside, clothes that are good for you, like cotton, wool, won’t break easily. and you won’t be wasting water or electricity in washing them.
- Find out what types of sustainable wardrobe tips other people have used and use to make theirs. Tons of websites allow you to find out about sustainable wardrobe basics by asking questions and finding out their methods of making and maintaining their sustainable wardrobe. I recommend this because it’s the best way to learn from someone who’s done it before you. Also, they can help you plan for your sustainable wardrobe.
- Make an appointment with a tailor. Tailor shops are a great place to find sustainable wardrobe pieces. They make all kinds of clothes and the items that match each other are very similar. So, you can mix and match clothing with different materials. The best sustainable wardrobe tips include having a tailor shop your pieces to make it the most sustainable.
- Get some inspiration. There’s no better way to get ideas about sustainable wardrobe items than to just ask other people for them. If someone you know wants to buy a green wardrobe item, ask them what they’d recommend and then go shopping with them to see if it’s the one that fits. You’ll get a wealth of information from people who have already found sustainable wardrobe success with their style.
- Commit. You need to commit to making your new wardrobe a sustainable wardrobe. If you aren’t willing to be committed to this, you’ll likely fall into the trap of buying just what you think you need.
Those are my five sustainable wardrobe tips for green people. So if you’re looking for more sustainable wardrobe tips, give them a try!