Moreish and delectable, this is no ordinary nut mix. Satisfy the senses with the perfect balance of salty and sweet, with just a hint of chilli. I love making a big batch of this to munch on throughout the week. Packed full of protein, good fats and fibre, this is one hell of a healthy snack.
Prep time: 5 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Total time: 15 mins
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup raw walnuts
1/2 cup raw brazil nuts
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/4 cup raw pepitas
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
2 tbsp rice malt syrup
1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C, and line a large tray with baking paper.
- Spread nuts out on the baking tray and roast for 10 minutes, or until just golden.
- Over low heat, gently heat the coconut oil and maple syrup, stirring well.
- Add the spices, salt and rosemary.
- Stir in the toasted nuts, ensuring all the nuts are evenly coated.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Break up any large clusters and store in an airtight jar.
Calories per serve: 304
Kilojoules per sere: 1271