Soft and gooey, these raw, vegan, choc brownies are the ultimate treat. They take almost no time to make, and are a great treat to keep in the freezer.
1 cup desiccated coconut
80g raw cacao powder
300g medjool dates (room temperature)
1 tbs coconut oil
pinch of salt
- Process the walnuts and coconut in the food processor until they resemble a coarse flour, be careful not to over process because otherwise your brownies will become too oily.
- Add the cacao powder, salt, dates and oils until the mixture becomes doughy and sticks together when pinched.
- Line a 20 x 20cm baking tin or container with baking paper, with two overlapping pieces, this will make taking the brownies out a little easier later
- Press the brownie mixture into the tin just until it all holds together.* Place in the freezer for at least 1 hour to harden.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into even squares.
- Decorate each square with melted chocolate, chopped nuts and cacao nibs for extra crunch.
- These can keep in the fridge for up to one week or store in the freezer in an airtight container for up to three months.
* You could choose to make brownie balls out of these also, simply roll into 25g balls and place in the freezer.