Sunday baking took a pleasant twist this week. It was pouring down on the Sunshine Coast. The cold and drizzly day called for something warm and aromatic. What better scent to fill your home with than pumpkin spice I thought.
I steamed half a pumpkin and turned it into these tasty golden morsels. The other half I used for soup. Perfection.
Time: 30 mins | Makes: 12 muffins
1 cup mashed pumpkin
1/2 cup rice malt syrup
1/2 cup natural yoghurt of your choice
1 tsp vanilla paste
1 1/2 cup unbleached spelt flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
3/4 cup granola (I used Byron Bay Muesli)
1. Preheat oven to 180C and line a 12 hole muffin tray with paper liners.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine the pumpkin and rice malt syrup.
3. Add the yoghurt, eggs, vanilla and stir gently until just combined.
4. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pinch of salt and cinnamon. Stir well until the mixture is smooth and golden.
5. Using an ice cream scoop, fill each lined muffin cup with your gooey batter. Sprinkle with granola and bake for 20-22 mins or until they pass the toothpick test.