No need to get chocolate wasted on sugar-filled store-bought eggs this Easter when you can make these Healthy Chocolate Easter Eggs by the gorgeous Chloe from Sparkle on Darling. This recipe is vegan, gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free and ridiculously delicious for little kids and big kids too.
4 tbsp coconut butter
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp smooth 100% peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
1/2 tsp honey or sweetener of choice for vegan option
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp cacao powder, sifted
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, sifted
- In a saucepan over low heat melt coconut butter, coconut oil, peanut butter, honey and vanilla essence.
- Stir while heating until smooth then remove from heat.
- Stir through sifted cacao powder and ground cinnamon until smooth.
- Spoon tsp of mixture into desired mould.
- Place mould on baking tray and set in freezer for 30 minutes before eating.
- These will keep best in the freezer, removed just before eating.
- Have a Happy Easter with these Healthy Chocolate Easter Eggs!
Original recipe and images by Chloe from Sparkle on Darling.