Crispy, crunchy, decadent, rich, dark, delicious and nutritious. Chocolate, coconut and almond butter fans rejoice. This Healthy Easter recipe for Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Filled Coconut Nests by Emma from Better with Cake is a must-make.
Makes approximately 24 nests
1 cup shredded coconut
3/4 cup dark chocolate (min 80%)
1/4 cup of nut butter
Mini Easter eggs to decorate – try these Healthy Easter Eggs on our blog
- Line a mini muffin tray with paper cases and set aside. The muffin tray is optional but I found it much easier to have the cases supported by the tray otherwise they tend to lay flat as you try to fill them so I strongly suggest you use the tray if you have one handy.
- Melt your chocolate by your preferred method. I like to do mine old skool in a bowl/plate on top of a pot of gently simmering water but do what you feel, just get that chocolate nice and melted.
- Once your chocolate is all dreamy and melted, stir through your shredded coconut until well combined.
- Spoon approx 1 heaping teaspoon of your chocolate/coconut mix into each mini muffin case and use a teaspoon to gently push a little dent into the centre of each nest then gently spread a little of the mixture up and around the sides of each muffin case. Repeat until all the mixture has been used then pop the tray ingot he fridge or freezer for 10-15 mins until set.
- Fill each nest with a teaspoon of nut butter, then top with (or crumbling over) one of your sweet little easter eggs if using.
- Store in the fridge until you are ready to devour serve.
Original recipe and image created by Emma from Better with Cake.