Easter is just around the corner and Nutritionist Sofie van Kempen is looking after your guts with her Guilt Free Easter eBook! This is her famous Carrot Cake Cupcake recipe from the eBook for you all to enjoy. The eBook is full of all your favourite Easter treats with a healthy spin, even gut loving rocky road. Sof really is a healthy culinary genius, so get baking and enjoy.
Serves 12 | Prep time 10 minutes | baking 30 minutes
1 1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup carrot, grated
1 cup pineapple pieces
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
- Pre heat fan-forced oven to 175'C and line a muffin tray.
- Blend oats into a fine flour consistency. Add all other ingredients and blend to combine allowing pineapple, carrot and walnuts to breakdown in batter to make a smoother consistency.
- Pour batter into the muffin cups ready to go into the oven.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes check they are cooked with a skewer if it comes out dry they are ready to remove from the oven if not bake for another 5 - 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or if not iced on the bench for a couple of days. Can also freeze the cupcakes.
You will find a cashew cheese & coconut cream dairy free icing recipe in Sofie's Guilt Free Easter eBook which goes perfectly with these cupcakes!
To make cupcake recipe gluten free substitute in gluten free flour blend in replacement of oats. Or you can alter the recipe to 2 cups of almond meal removing the oats completely however the cupcakes will be a little more dense.
Coconut oil can also be substituted to olive oil if you have a coconut allergy.
Vegan option - use flax or chia eggs in replacement of eggs or substitute in a banana.
You can also have this cupcake recipe as chunky or as smooth as you like you control this in that second blending stage when combining all of the cupcake ingredients.
Visit her Instagram @sofievankempen.