1. Pick your greens - Greens are packed with vitamins and minerals, and the darker and leafier the better. Choose from baby spinach, chard, kale, rocket, or mixed lettuce.
2. Add some colour - Humans are visual eaters so add some colour and antioxidants to your plate by shredding some carrot, beetroot, zucchini, apple, or red cabbage into the mix.
3. Make it sweet - Satisfy all your senses by adding a little sweetness to your salad like sweet potato, cherry tomatoes, corn kernels, pomegranate seeds, or berries.
4. Add some flavour - Herbs are a must for every salad. Fresh mint, basil, coriander, chives, and parsley will add aromatic delight to your salad.
5. Dress it up - Never eat a naked salad. Add a simple dressing of 1/4 cup olive oil, 1
tbs lemon juice, 1 tsp honey, salt and pepper to taste. Shake it up in a jar and drizzled as desired.
6. Add some crunch - Top with toasted nuts and seeds like pepitas, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, pine nuts, almonds to add more more protein, good fats and a satisfying crunch. I am seriously loving the Extraordinary Foods Pimp My Salad Range.
7. Add some punch - Power up your lunch with protein like poached or grilled chicken,
cannelloni beans, soft boiled egg, roast vegetables, quinoa or brown rice.
And that's it! Super simple, but oh so satisfying.
When the temperature drops, there is nothing better than tucking into something warm, fragrant and satisfying. Here are a seven of our favourite recipes to warm your belly this winter
You can't go wrong with a good pancake for breakfast. Finding a recipe that is healthy and tastes good can be a little tricky however. I've tried almond meal and find it burns too quickly, I've tried coconut flour and it's just that little bit too dry. Buckwheat or even amaranth flour however both hold up under pressure, and with a touch of yoghurt could even pass for the real deal. This recipe is packed with protein, which will keep you fuller for longer, without the bloat. Enjoy!
SUBSCRIBE & SAVE 10% OFF
YOUR FIRST ORDER
We know you're too busy for junk mail, so you will only be notified of important things like new arrivals, special offers and exciting news.