Following my little appearance on 96Five this morning I thought I would share my top tips for eating better throughout the week. I often get people saying I am just too busy. I get it, I’m busy too, however you have to make healthy eating work for you. It’s not even about vanity any more, if you’re a busy person, you owe it to yourself to nourish yourself to sustain your energy and reduce the risk of getting sick and fatigued. A lot depends on you, so take a little time where you can to plan, prepare and succeed.
Sundays are a great day to get yourself organised. Just like you would plan out your appointments, meetings you should plan out what you’re going to eat…. quickly.
Here are top Seven Sunday Food Prep Ideas:
1) Veggie snacks - Carrot, celery, cucumber and capsicum sticks with some healthy dip like hummus or plain yoghurt with some fresh herbs make a great, easy, no brainer, healthy snack. Chop them ahead of time and pop them in a little container or zip lock back. If you have childre, it’s great to chop enough for your kids to take to school or munch on when they come home from school. tip: I peel and cut my carrots and store them in a tupperware with some water. Run cold water over them daily, to stop them from drying out.
2) Soaked oats for breaky - Soaked oats with yoghurt, berries and chopped nuts is a quick and easy breakfast option. You can make a few jars in advance to save time in the mornings.
You will need 1/2 cup oats to 1/2 cup water or coconut water. Soak over night and add fresh yoghurt, berries, nuts, cinnamon, whateve you like in the morning and go. If you’re really struggling in the morning you can add frozen berries and yoghurt the night before and take your jar with you.
3) Prep your grains – Rather than cooking your rice/quinoa for every meal, my motto is to save time cook once, eat three times. Cook a large pot of your favorite and add as a side, into your salads. You could even add quinoa to your break. Buckwheat is another goodie.
4) Get your snacks sorted – Failing to prepare, is preparing to fail. You know you’re going to get hungry, so be ready!
I like to make the following on Sundays and take ask needed:
5) Salad in a jar - Create 5 jars and divide things like your spinach leaves, corn, chopped carrots herbs, cooked quinoa or rice, chickpeas - whatever works for you. Add some grilled chicken pieces, leftovers from the night before or a can of tuna when you get to work and you’ve got yourself a lunch.
6) Roast your veggies - Roast veggies make great snacks or additions to many meals. You can hav them in your eggs, you can have them in your salads or as a side. Roast up a huuuuge batch of sweet potato, pumpkin, parsnip, zucchini, capsicum and add to where you feel you need them.
7) Prep your protein - If you need animal protein in your diet, then grill some chicken, fish, beef, lamb etc on sunday and divide into little zip lock bags to take with your salads. When making dinner always make enough to take with you for lunch the next day.
Juggling a flurry of businesses and passions Sarah Leung is the ultimate multi-tasker. She is the owner and manager of award winning wellness centre, Healthy Energy Holistic Lifestyle & Wellness Centre, Founder of our beloved Alg Seaweed, casual lecturer at La Trobe University, Ballet Student Nutritionist, Food Stylist and Photographer and did we mention that she's also an all round lovely soul? We managed to catch a moment of Sarah's time to talk about all things business, iodine deficiencies and how she manages it all, her answers might surprise you.
Unplug from the ordinary. Adventure awaits. Wanderlust Sunshine Coast is coming and our friends at PERKii want you and your bestie to experience Wanderlust in style! How would you like to score flights, accommodation and four days of adventure and mindful living at Wanderlust Festival on the Sunshine Coast. Read on for more!
There's a little saying I like to go by, if you can't tone it, tan it! I won't lie, I'm quite partial to sporting a year round tan. There is something about having that sun-kissed glow that makes you feel and look a little leaner, and dare I say a tad sexier. The good news is that with all the amazing advancements in natural skin care products, you can get that glow without worrying about nasty toxins, sun damaged skin or looking like an Oompa Loompa. Here is my pick of the best natural tanning essentials to get your through this winter and beyond!
SUBSCRIBE & SAVE 10% OFF
YOUR FIRST ORDER
We know you're too busy for junk mail, so you will only be notified of important things like new arrivals, special offers and exciting news.