Everyone loves a good Anzac Biscuit and this wholefood version by Nutritionist Sarah Bell has us crushing hard! It is dairy free and has all the old school sweet and crunchy goodness without any of the bad stuff. Bake up a batch, share and enjoy!
Makes: 18-24 biscuits Prep: 8 mins Cook time: 12 mins
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
3/4 cup Tigernut flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
3/4 cup shredded coconut
3/4 cup cold pressed coconut oil
2 tblsp honey
1 tbsp water
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celsius.
- Add oats, buckwheat flour, tiger nut flour, coconut sugar and shredded coconut to a medium sized bowl.
- Pour coconut oil into a small saucepan on a medium heat. Add the honey and stir to combine.
- Mix together the bicarb soda and water.
- Once the coconut oil mixture is completely melted and hot, pour in bicarb mixture and stir quickly to combine.
- Once bubbles start to form turn the stove top off and pour coconut oil mixture into dry mix. Stir through until well combined.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper and begin rolling mixture into balls. Place each ball on the tray and press down slightly. Do not place biscuits too close together as mixture will spread during baking.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before eating.
Original recipe and images by Sarah Bell.