Winter soups are the best. They're quick, easy, nutritious and most importantly warm you up. This is a super quick and easy recipe to have on hand, especially if you have a Thermomix. I literally just throw everything in, set the time and forget about it. What makes it even easier is the Church Farm General Store Red Thai Curry Paste. So delicious! Hope you love this recipe.
1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1.5cm pieces
2 tablespoons red curry paste
270ml can coconut cream
1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add pumpkin and curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture starts to stick to bottom of pan.
- Add coconut cream. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add 2 cups cold water. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until pumpkin has softened.
- Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Blend or process soup in batches until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with a dollop of hummus or sprinkle with hemp hearts a little chilli and some crusty bread.