We know planning and prepping healthy snacks for school can be a little daunting at times with the no-nut policy, so we have created these delicious Lunchbox Friendly Chocolate Bliss Balls that are completely dairy free, nut free, gluten free and refined sugar-free! Healthy kids are happy kids! These are totally delicious for adults too.
70g gluten-free oats
20g coconut flour
20g chia seeds
2 tbs cacao powder
10 Medjool dates pitted
1/2 tsp vanilla extract or scoop vanilla protein powder (nut free)
pinch of salt
pinch of cinnamon
1-2 tbs warm water (to be added slowly)
desiccated coconut for rolling
- Blitz the oats, coconut flour and chia until they form a fine flour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for water and blitz until the mixture starts to resemble a crumbly dough.
- Add water gradually until the mixture starts to stick but is not too sticky. If it’s too sticky add a little more coconut flour.
- When the mixture is just right, should be very similar to firm play dough, roll into desired balls.
- Roll in coconut if you like or leave as is.
- Store in airtight container for up to a week or freeze for up to three months.