Healthy Savoury Muffins
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 20-25 min | Total Time: | Serves: 12
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup grated tasty cheese
1/2 cup finely diced ham (optional)
1 1/2 cups of chopped cooked vegetables (carrots, peas, corn, capsicum, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes etc)
150g butter, melted (or coconut oil)
1 cup milk of your choice
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tbsp parsley, chopped (optional)
Salt to taste, you could even use the Alg Seaweed Salt to boost the nutritional value
- Prepare your vegetables. You can sauté some carrot, onion, corn, and peas. Or roast up some capsicum, mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes. Whatever your child likes, you know best.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- Line a 12 cup muffin tray with muffin liners.
- In a bowl, place the flour, cheese, vegetables, and ham.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg, milk, and butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pour into muffin tray and bake for 20-25 minutes until just golden.
- Store in an airtight container for up to seven days, or in the freezer for up to three months, but we find these babies don't last for long.
Note: You could try vegan cheese, or feta if using a roast vegetable combination.