Finely chopped or grated cauliflower is an amazing alternative to rice. It has a rice-like texture, which makes it a very clever and nutrition-packed way to sneak more veggies into your daily intake. This easy cauli fried "rice" recipe is a super quick dinner mashup that you can whip up with virtually any vegetables in your fridge. We used Hemple Hulled Hemp Hearts for extra flavour and a vegan friendly protein and essential fatty acid boost.
Hempseed is a super seed revered for its many nutritional qualities. Take off the shell of a raw hemp seed and you’re left with a nutty, buttery hemp heart.
They are perfect as a low-carb vegan sprinkle with omega 3, 6 and 9 essential fatty acids, protein, iron, magnesium, zinc and calcium. A versatile whole food to top off your salads, dips, soups, avo toast or muesli and add texture into your favourite smoothie. Or eat them straight out of the pack!
BENEFITS IN EVERY 30g SERVE
- 19% RDI of protein in every serve
- 195% RDI of ALA omega 3
- 21% RDI Vitamin B1
- 56% RDI Magnesium
- 31% RDI Iron
- 25% RDI Zinc
- Naturally low in sugar - just 0.8g per serve!
- Gluten free and vegan friendly
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Serves 2
- 400g cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/2 cup Hemple Hulled Hemp Seeds
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp Golden Grind Turmeric Blend (or just turmeric if you don't have any)
- 1/2 sweet potato, cubed
- 1/2 head of broccoli, roughly chopped
- 2 tbs tamari
- Olive oil for cooking
- Place cauliflower into food processor and pulse until it starts to resemble a rice-like texture. If you don't have a food processor, you can grate the cauli instead.
- Heat a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a non-stick frypan over low heat. Saute onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add the sweet potato and cook until just soft.
- Add the cauliflower, hemp seeds, spices and tamari and continue to cook, stirring often, for about 20 minutes.
- Once cooked turn heat off and transfer to a bowl.
- Top with what you have on hand like fresh herbs, nuts, shredded red cabbage, seeds etc. We used sauerkraut and extra hemp seeds for flavour.