Beauty boosting and gut loving, these luscious creamy, sinfully rich tasting and oh so decedent healthy treats need to be added to your must make list. Nutritionist Jordan Pie outdid herself with these Chocolate Coconut Beauty Boosting Fudge Pops! They are loaded with gorgeous nutrient dense whole foods, and make a perfect mid-morning or afternoon pick me up. Plus, they contain marine collagen to support healthy hair, skin and nails and fight the signs of ageing.
This recipe can also act as a base for the flavours you love. If you're not feeling chocolate you can leave it out and add in banana, mango, berries or avocado instead. Dress them up with your favourite add in ingredients, or keep it simple and enjoy them as they are. You can also dip or drizzle melted chocolate on top, sprinkle hemp seeds, coconut, orange zest, berries, toasted nuts or seeds, edible flowers and more!
Ingredients1/2 - 1 Tbsp cacao powder
A pinch of salt
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla powder or essence
270ml coconut cream
1 Tbsp cacao butter
2 organic egg yolks (omit if you can't tolerate eggs)
2 Tbsp Collagen
Sweetener to taste (a few drops of liquid stevia, raw honey or pure maple syrup)
- In a small saucepan add the coconut oil, cacao butter, chocolate powder, salt, coconut cream and vanilla and heat on low.
- Once the mix has melted and combined together, remove the saucepan from the heat and allow it to cool until room temperature.
- When it has cooled, add the chocolate mixture, collagen egg yolks and sweetener to taste to a high powered blender or Thermomix and blitz to combine until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into ice-block moulds and place in the freezer until set.
- When you're ready to eat them, run the moulds under warm water until the ice-blocks come away easily from the moulds.
- Enjoy them as they are or drizzle melted homemade or quality dark chocolate over the top and sprinkle with edible flowers and organic berries like I did.
- Enjoy immediately!
Original recipe and images by Jordan or Life of Pie.