You're going to love this recipe for quick and easy gut-loving snacks from Clinical Nutritionist, Jordan Pie. They are super easy to make, using only five key ingredients and perfect for the whole family. Berries are anti-oxidant rich beauty and brain foods and gelatin is know for its gut-healing and anti-inflammatory benefits, making these nutritional bombs!
Why should you incorporate gelatin into your diet? Well, it contains 18 essential amino-acids and goes to work in your body to naturally boost collagen production that aids digestion, heals and seals the gut lining, strengthens bones, joints and muscle tissue, boosts your metabolism and immunity, and promotes firmer, glowing skin. Whip these up and keep in your fridge for your healthy snack fix.
5 Tbsp gelatin powder mixed into 1 cup filtered water to 'bloom'
1 - 1 1/2 cups filtered water
2 cups organic berries (I used mixed blueberries, strawberries, raspberries & mulberries)
Juice of 1/2-1 lemon
1-2 Tbsp raw honey or liquid stevia to taste
- Mix the gelatin and water together in a small bowl and set it aside to bloom and thicken for a minute or two.
- When the gelatin has bloomed add all ingredients to a small saucepan and heat on low and allow the gelatin to dissolve completely and the berries to soften and leach colour. Note: If you like your gummies harder then use 1 cup of water, however if you're like me and like them a little softer then use 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Taste the mixture and adjust if needed. Add a little more sweetener or lemon juice if your taste buds desire and stir through.
- Optional Step: Pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve to remove the berry seeds and skin. Don't throw the berries away, save them and eat them warmed with coconut yoghurt!
- Now pour the jelly liquid into a glass container and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature on the bench, then place in the fridge to set.
- When it's ready, slice into squares or rectangles and enjoy!
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Original recipe and images created by Jordan Pie from Life of Pie.